I am on my way to explore Ethiopian Culture – Dinner at Queen of Sheba in Tampa, Florida. As it is 85 degrees in Florida (which is normal), getting dressed for these cultural events always leave me with questions? So this too shall be a learning opportunity,
I did a little research and found out that there is an Ethiopian Association in Tampa and I wanted to share this information from the site:
“Vision- The Ethiopian Community Association of Tampa Bay, Inc. is a non-profit organization focused in improving the socio-economic and physical viability of the Ethiopian community in Tampa Bay area. Since its establishment in 1998, the association strives to promote community relations, cultural exchanges, education and unity with in the community.
- Mission- Our Mission is to serve as a catalyst for socio-economic, commercial development, housing and physical revitalization for Ethiopian Community of Tampa Bay.
- Value Statement-
- Fairness – Every resident will be treated with fairness
- Respect – Every resident will be respected
- Unity – The community will be a unified community all sharing for the improvement of the community as a whole
- Belief – A belief that we will succeed no matter what the obstacles
- Integrity – A high moral approach in everything we do
- Everyone Count – No one will be left behind in this process.”